Sunday, June 7, 2009

Saturday Surprise!

On Saturday morning a couple of weeks ago I was lying in bed, mostly asleep, but awake enough to hear the pitter-patter of little feet every so often, mingled w/ a few muted giggles, when all of a sudden a little boy with an orange face burst into the room, squealing w/ laughter, accompanied by the red girl! They shot out the room as fast as they had entered. I was definitely awake. I followed them into Ethan's room for an inspection of what they had been up to. As you can see, they had had a....creative few minutes alone together! It would have been a little more funny if they had not put marker on the soles of their feet and been leaving faint navy blue footprints around the house! They had put blue polka dots all over each other's backs w/ a marker that wasn't as washable as some. Needless to say, they both had blue polka dots for almost a week.

5 comments:

Mary Jo said...

Wow! What lovely shades of color. ;)

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

That is awesome. I can say that because I don't have to clean it up. It was great to see you guys again. Thanks for having us over for dinner. Good luck on your move.

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

How fun! I'm sure you loved the lasting color! I think every kid does it and I can see why they love it so much but it's not the most convenient thing in the world. :)

Brooke said...

Been there!!! Madi colored her face with dark blue permanent pen, no matter how hard I scrubbed she had a blue face for a couple of days!

Nicole said...

We LOVED playing with you guys today. I love seeing the pictures of all the fun things your kiddos do.

I found the name of the breathing strips I was telling you about - it is Brez: premium nasal breathing aid.