Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Growing Up

We experienced a couple of "firsts" today. 1. Claire has a loose tooth! We have not had anybody lose a tooth yet, so it's very exciting! She mentioned tonight that she was a little nervous about blood coming out or about losing her tooth if it came out at school. But she is excited about the Tooth Fairy's visit! 2. Jane wore big girl undies for the first time today! We had 4 accidents in 3 hours and no undies left! Jane said she didn't want to wear her diaper, but she did not want to go pee pee on the potty either....hhmmmmm...??? I didn't choose a very good day to begin a serious undertaking of potty training because she was awake until 10PM last night, thinking she was very funny (which is 2 hours past her bedtime), and she was up earlier than usual this morning. Needless to say, she was back in a diaper, feeling comfortable and safe, by 11AM!! Bribery didn't even work! Jane asks for gumballs all day long--really all day, before breakfast, after every meal, whenever I open the cupboard where the gumballs (and tupperware) are kept--all day. So, I told her I would give her a big gumball if she would go pee pee on the potty. She would promptly march over, pull down her undies, sit down for maybe 1 second, pop right back up and, beaming, say, "big gumball?" It was hard for her to understand that something actually had to come out of her while on the potty for her to get the gumball, so she didn't like that very well! Oh well! We're in no hurry!

1 comment:

Troy and Nancee Tegeder said...

We are doing potty training this week. Not a fun experience. Thanks for your call. I will call soon.