We took the train into Manhattan on Friday. It's the first time the children have been. It was a good learning experience! The children did very well, considering all the walking, but there was plenty of complaining (understandably) about tiredness. I had forgotten how really crowded the streets are, so Ethan and Claire had to hang on to one of us almost all the time--which was hard sometimes when there was so much for them to see and b/c it's hard to fit us on a crowded sidewalk side by side. It was good though. We're glad we went. We just won't make it a regular occurrence! The train ride is a little over 90 minutes. The children enjoyed the train for about 30 minutes then were ready to get off and do something. We arrived at Grand Central Station and walked to Times Square, then walked to Central Park, where we played on the playground and visited the zoo. FAO Schwartz is just a couple of blocks down from the zoo, and it was fun for the kids to see. We then grabbed an over-priced bite to eat and walked back to the train station! I really like NYC and haven't been in years and years, so it was great fun to be there and walk the streets and see the sights. It was the perfect day to go--the weather could not have been better.
Jane really enjoyed the train.

Times Square

This is as close as we got the the Statue of Liberty this trip!

Jane Loves NY!

Central Park

Central Park Zoo. The seal lions were fun--they put on a good show. Jane's favourite was the snow leopard. He walked right past Jane several times and we thought we might never convince her to leave. The highlight for Ethan and Claire was when a penguin swam right past them and pooped as he did so.

Ethan and Claire made a friend in Central Park!

5th Avenue--kiddie corner from The Plaza

Day 4--Ethan and Claire became superheros today. Claire was Black Cat and Ethan was one of the Fantastic Four...I'm not sure who though!
5 comments:
Was this your first trip since we went waaay back when? Aaaah, NYC! Still have lots of good memories of our trip there.
Nice to see some new posts on the blog!
Sarah
Your kids are beautiful. You are brave to take a trip into the city!! Glad you had a good time. You always did belong in NYC.
What a fun trip! I'm glad you guys had fun. I think my favorite would have been jumping on the bed. ;) Your kids are getting so big, especially Jane. I can't believe how long Claire's hair is. Your babies are gorgeous. :)
Looks like you guys had a really fun Spring Break! You're kids look so cute...and grown up! Gavin asked to play with Ethan and Claire yesterday...I had to tell him that you guys live too far away :( That would be so fun to live close enough to take a short train ride to NYC...I can understand why the walking would be hard for kids, but it looks like they had a good time...all smiles in the pictures anyway!
I am beyond jealous! So fun! Hey, we were hanging out in K-town...are you jealous? hee-hee yeah right
Post a Comment